(Is it really possible to do both?)
So you’re ready to launch and grow your business, while working your 9-5 job, but you’re trying to figure out…
“How in the world am I going to fit this into my schedule?”
“How can I get it all done?”
Here’s the answer:
You can’t. (But you can.)
Yeah, sounds a bit contradictory. Well here’s what I mean.
You simply cannot do it ALL. If you are working a 9-5 job AND you are starting and growing a business, you’re going to have to realize that you simply cannot do it all, by yourself. You’re going to need help and a team to get everything done.
- You may need to delegate more tasks to your family, husband, and children. In a healthy family, everyone has to pitch to make the household run. This doesn’t mean that you won’t have any responsibilities in your home, it just means that everyone becomes more independent and less dependent up wife and mom to do it all. As your business grows you may be able to hire help once or twice a month to help out with other tasks. (Yes, your family will still have responsibilities, but it will lighten the load, quite a bit and give you all more time to enjoy one another and celebrate your successes!)
I know many people look down on the idea of hiring a cleaning or even a cooking staff, but when you read about the Proverbs 31 Woman, we see that she had a staff of people that assisted in helping her to run her household. This is certainly “different strokes for different folks” kind of thing, but I think it’s worth considering.
- Set a weekly schedule with your business hours. You need to know that you are doing every hour in your day. This is not to be restrictive, but to allow you to make the best use of your time. This will also allow you to see how much time you really have to grow and start your business. Even if it’s only 10-15 hours a week, (really, this is MORE than enough time to grow a business), you’ll have a clear idea of what that time is and from there, you can be sure to maximize that time. When you know your time is limited, use that as an incentive to steward that time and get the most out of it. Here are a few ideas of how to maximize your time:
– Menu planning for the week (crockpot will save you SO much time!)
– Decide on a cleaning schedule & try your best to stick to it!
– Assign weekly chores and even pay your children a commission for those chores. It motivates them and teaches them about money. This is what I do with my children.
– Declare your business hours and determine what tasks you’ll work on during those hours. Focus on those ONLY!
I’m telling you, when you are faithful over the small amount of time you have now, God will be sure to give you more time to do more great things with your business!
I hope these tips were helpful to you! I’d love to hear back from you. Comment below or stop by my Facebook page and let me know your thoughts!
If you’d like more help with growing your business and you want someone to sit down with you one-on-one to discuss your business ideas and using your time wisely, then sign up for my coaching slots for this week! I’d love to take a look at your schedule, help you set your business hours, and show you how to maximize your time to grow the business and life of your dreams! https://proverbs31businesswoman.com/coaching