Today’s the day we start our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series with Angelica! So many women are working and striving to become the Virtuous Woman we read about in our Bible. But sadly, many have not done a full Proverbs 31 Bible Study. That’s what this virtuous woman Bible study is all about! And I hope you’re ready to dig in!
Today’s video lesson is my introduction to the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series. I want to be sure you are prepared, have all of your materials, and you’re ready to rock and roll for this very special virtuous woman Bible study series!
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers!
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or check out a few of the items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
Do you ever get a tad overwhelmed when you read about the Proverbs 31 Woman? Like you don’t match up to all of who she is and what she does?
Tune-in to today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson, as I demystify this Virtuous Woman! She’s not as mysterious as you may think. . .
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- The Proverbs 31 Woman isn’t just about her deeds, but her character as a virtuous woman!
- Good, Godly character starts within your heart. So guard it and allow the Holy Spirit to mold it.
- The entire Proverbs 31 Woman chapter is actually a teaching written from a mother to her son.
- We need to be sure we are teaching our sons about the character of a Godly Proverbs 31 wife. Let’s not leave it up to chance! Legacy and eternity are on the line!
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
I have found that many women get so overwhelmed with reading about this virtuous woman. They often question whether or not they can live up to these supposed “Proverbs 31 Woman” standards of living. (I know that’s how I used to feel.)
It can seem like an impossible standard to reach because she seems so perfect! After all, the Proverbs 31 Woman raises the bar of what we should aspire to be like.
I want to share this with you, though. . .
. . .it’s not about her deeds that makes her the epitome of womanhood, but it’s her character!
The Proverbs 31 Woman is a woman of noble, impeccable character.
In our Proverbs 31 Bible Study, we are going to dig deep into the characteristics of the Proverbs 31 Woman. We’ll be asking ourselves hard questions and evaluating where we stand and where we need to grow, as Proverbs 31 women — virtuous women who are sold out for Christ!
The real question we should be asking ourselves is not how can I be like her, but how can I have the character of the Proverbs 31 Woman?
(That shifts things a bit doesn’t it?)
You see, character leads to deeds.
Good, Godly character will always lead to good, Godly deeds. And well, not so Godly character will eventually lead to not so Godly deeds.
This Proverbs 31 Bible Study will show you how to grow in your Godly character, this way the Godly deeds will just flow from your spirit and you’ll be more like Christ!
A Virtuous Woman Guards Her Heart
So then where does good, Godly character begin? As a Proverbs 31 Woman, how can we cultivate it?
It starts in our hearts.
Proverbs 4:23 reminds us to guard (or keep) our hearts with all vigilance for out of it springs forth life.
That’s POWERFUL, ladies!!
That word “heart” is the Hebrew word “leb.”
Here’s what it means:
- seat of emotions and passions
- seat of appetites
- moral character
If you were to replace “heart” for one of these meanings, in the above scripture, I think you’ll see how important it is for us to take guarding our hearts seriously. Our hearts encompass our emotions, passions, conscience, and CHARACTER. God wants us, as virtuous women, to guard our hearts because He knows that’s where life happens.
The Proverbs 31 Woman maintains her noble character by guarding her heart because she understands that life flows from it.
Godly character starts in our hearts.
As we journey together in this Proverbs 31 Bible Study, you will learn how to maintain your noble character through Christ and then you’ll be able to live fully in the characteristics of the Proverbs 31 Woman!
I hope you’re excited…I am!
By the way…
Want to learn how to “transliterate” the Hebrew And Greek words from the Bible, so you can get a deeper understanding of what God is saying in His Word? Here are the resources I use for my Bible Word Studies
I invite you to take a look!
The Historical Background Of The Proverbs 31 Woman
Another really interesting thing about the entire chapter of the Proverbs 31 Woman is at the very beginning, we are told this proverb is a teaching, which King Lemuel’s mother taught him.
How interesting is it that his mother would teach him about the traits of a Godly, virtuous woman and what to look for in a Proverbs 31 wife?!
Have you sat down and talked to your sons about the character traits of a Godly Proverbs 31 wife?
I wonder how many good, Godly Christian families have taught their sons what to look for in a Proverbs 31 wife so they can carry on their family’s teachings, faith, and legacy to a new generation of Believers?
We certainly have our work cut out for us, as mothers. But we can know this…if King Lemuel’s mother had the foresight to teach her son, then we have all the blueprint we need to teach our sons, too!
One final thing, as you are on this journey through Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study. . .
. . . be open to how the Holy Spirit will move and speak to you about the Proverbs 31 woman character traits and how you can be molded by the hands of The Potter, after her.Proverbs 31 Woman isn't about deeds, but CHARACTER! Godly character = Godly deeds #proverbs31businesswoman #proverbs31woman #biblestudy Click To Tweet
Want To Learn More About The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I hope you learned a lot in this introductory video lesson of the virtuous woman! There’s so much more for us to learn and discover in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to understand what “virtuous” really means. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at what we discover!
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails