It’s Day 2 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
Today, we’re going to dig into Proverbs 31:10:
Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned being a Proverbs 31 Woman isn’t about deeds, but character. You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
Today’s video lesson we will dig into the meaning of the word “virtuous.” (And by the way, what’s so special about rubies?) It’s important to have a fundamental understanding of this word because it’s the foundation of all we will learn about the Proverbs 31 Woman, during our bible study time together.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers!
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s Completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or take a check out a few of items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
Have you ever really thought about what the word VIRTUOUS really means? I think you might be pleasantly surprised at its meaning!
Tune into today’s video lesson!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Bible Study Notes
- The word “virtuous” is the masculine noun “valor.” It’s used synonymously with describing the valor of a man!
- The Proverbs 31 Woman is like silk over steel – feminine on the outside, strong of Godly character on the inside. (Remind you, any, of yesterday’s lesson?)
- Forget about diamonds! They might be a girl’s best friend, but rubies are PRICELESS and so are you!
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading!
The Meaning Of Virtuous
The word “virtuous” is the Hebrew word “chayil”
It is a masculine noun that means:
- strength like a tree bearing fruit
- to bring riches
I find it fascinating that God would use the same word to describe the valor of a man, to describe the virtue of a woman!
Now, this doesn’t mean we should be like men or masculine in any way, instead, we should focus our character on being synonymous with the meaning of this word. Like I mentioned in yesterday’s teaching, our focus isn’t on the deeds of the Proverbs 31 woman, but on her character.
So, ask yourself – how can I grow my character be virtuous (substitute the above meanings here)?
Want to learn how to “transliterate” the Hebrew And Greek words from the bible, so you can get a deeper understanding of what God is saying in His Word? Here are the resources I use for my Bible Word Studies
What Is A Virtuous Woman?
She Is Silk Over Steel
I’m going to be bold and say the Proverbs 31 Woman is a woman who is silk over steel.
Her character and qualities are of strength, fitness, health, integrity, uprightness, and brings riches. Yet on the outside, she’s as feminine as silk – like a silk blouse or dress.
She is 100% woman. . . Feminine on the outside and stable in her very being (soul and spirit).
This is what your aim should be – strong, holy, Godly character, while still embracing and living in your beautiful femininity. God created women to be just like like this – Silk Over Steel!
The Value Of A Virtuous Woman
Her Price Is Far Above Rubies
The last part of this scripture talks about the Proverbs 31 Woman’s price being far above rubies.
Did you know, in Biblical times, diamonds were the least valued gemstone? Rubies had the greatest value and highest commodity of any gemstone. They were considered the “creme de la creme” of gemstones and highly sought after by the wealthiest of people.
In our day and time, we place a high value on diamonds. Women go ga-ga for a diamond ring and will show it off to the world!
And to think, rubies are where the true value is found.
Diamonds might be a girl’s best friend, but rubies are priceless!
Take for a moment and consider your worth and value. . .
You are fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14)
You are so important that God created great plans for you, while you were in your mother’s womb! (Jeremiah 29:11)
You are so precious to God that He sings and rejoices over you! (Zephaniah 3:17)
Think for just a moment about the worth and value you bring to your family, friends, and the world as a whole!
You. Are. Priceless, my dearest SisterFriend!Diamonds might be a girl's best friend, but rubies are priceless! #proverbs31businesswoman #proverbs31woman #biblestudy Click To Tweet
Want To Learn More About The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about becoming that “good thing” to our husbands and why this is so important to him and our marriage.
Here are other my posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Blog Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
Two big things we learned today: The true meaning of “virtuous” and the value of rubies. How does this change your understanding of what it means to be a Virtuous Woman? I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!