It’s Day 3 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
In today’s reading, we find Proverbs 31:11-12 says:
The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
WOW!! We are designed to bring GOODNESS to the lives of our husbands, family, friends, and everyone we meet! This is an important call on our lives and one we should take seriously.
Just imagine, for a moment, a world infected with goodness, all because we choose to live as a Proverbs 31 Woman! YES! (I’m totally here for it!)
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned that a virtuous woman is priceless! We did a Word-Study on the word “virtuous.” We gained a better understanding of the value of rubies over diamonds. You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
In today’s lesson we will learn what it means (and doesn’t mean) to be a place where your husband’s heart can trust. . . aka his “good thing.” We’ll delve into her characteristics that made her so.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s Completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or take a check out a few of items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
Are you the “Good Thing” the Bible speaks of? There’s only one way to find out!
Tune into today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- Your trustworthiness can bring “good” into your husband’s life regularly and consistently.
- Being his “good” thing is a blessing to you and others around you! It has a much deeper and fuller meaning that we realize!
- Your goodness will be tested over time and trials. She who remains loyal is THE GOOD THING!
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
Being His “Good Thing”
Here’s the biggest character development piece from this scripture – trustworthiness
The Proverbs 31 Woman is a woman who is trustworthy and of impeccable character.
In other words, she also had a good name. We know the Bible tells us that a good name is to be chosen over riches, fame, or glory. (Proverbs 22:1)
Because of this woman’s integrity, she brought her husband good into his life regularly and consistently.
He had no lack of gain because of her “goodness”!
As wives, being able to bring good to to our husband’s live’s is POWERFUL!
Let’s take this a step further. . .
. . . being able to bring good to anyone’s life is POWERFUL!
Your Husband’s Heart Is In Your Hands
The word “GOOD” is the Hebrew word “towb”
Here’s what it means:
- great fortune
- good welfare
Your goodness can bring prosperity, great fortune, good welfare, and happiness to your husband’s life.
I’m sure you’ve heard of this scripture before:
A man who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. (Proverbs 18:22)
Did you know that “good” the same word they use to describe the Proverbs 31 woman bringing “good” to her husband?
Let’s put it this way – a man who finds a wife, finds a good (prosperous, great fortune, good welfare, and happy) thing!
Want to learn how to “transliterate” the Hebrew And Greek words from the Bible, so you can get a deeper understanding of what God is saying in His Word? Here are the resources I use for my Bible Word Studies
I invite you to take a look!
I want to take this one more step further – even beyond our husbands – we can bring good to the lives of others, too! Think for a moment about other people who are in your life:
The Proverbs 31 Woman brought good wherever she went. When people left her presence, they were more prosperous, had greater fortune, in better welfare, and much happier!
This should be our aim, my dearest SisterFriends! To be a “good” (prosperous, great fortune, good welfare, and happy) thing!
Think for a moment. . . How can you bring good to your husband’s life? What about the lives of others?
I’m sharing my list with you:
- Finding deals for our home, family, vacations/trips, things he says he likes and loves. . . even stuff for me (like hair products, makeup, jewelry, clothing. Hehe!)
- Giving him wise counsel. I want my husband to take my advice to heart and to know he can trust that what I’m saying or discerning is good for him. If it’s good for him, then it’s also good fo us!
- Walking in a high level of stewardship over our home, car, clothing, time, resources, and all possessions
You should want your husband to say. . . “She’s my good thing!”
You should want your family to say. . . “She’s my good thing!”
You should want your friends to say. . . “She’s my good thing!”
You should want your neighbors and community to say. . . “She’s my good thing!”
Loyalty Is Only Tested Over Time
I must tell you this character trait of being loyal requires a great level commitment. Loyalty is only really tested over time. You’ll never know how loyal someone is, until you’ve been around them for a while and weathered some storms together.
Part of being your husband’s “good thing” is being loyal to him.
(I’m not speaking about being loyal to fault, to where you are in sin, as a result of your loyalty. That’s toxic.)
Here’s a true test of loyalty for the Proverbs 31 Woman – Can you stick and stay through the better or worse, sickness and health, sickness and health…all the days of your life?
Those are our wedding vows. The ones we made in front of God, our parents, family, and friends. God expects us to uphold them.
Just know those vows we made will be tested. Our loyalty and commitment to them will develop our character, just like the Proverbs 31 Woman’s goodness.
And that, my dearest SisterFriends, is what it’s all about – developing the character trait of “goodness”![clickToTweet tweet=”‘She is MY ‘good’ thing!’ says the husband of the Proverbs 31 Woman! #p31″ quote=”‘She is MY ‘good’ thing!’ says the husband of the Proverbs 31 Woman! #p31″] She is MY 'good' thing!' says the husband of the Proverbs 31 Woman! #proverbs31businesswoman #proverbs31woman #biblestudy Click To Tweet
Want To Learn More About The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about becoming a willing, eager worker.
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
We learned that being your husband’s “good thing” means being loyal. Why is loyalty important as a woman and wife? Where do you need to grow in your loyalty and trustworthiness? I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!