It’s Day 10 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
Today, we’re going to dig into Proverbs 31:21-22:
She is not afraid of snow for her household,
For all her household is clothed with scarlet.
She makes tapestry for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned being a Proverbs 31 Woman means creating a Legacy of Philanthropy, homemaking and developing the character traits of diligence, fidelity, and excellence. You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
In today’s video lesson we will look at being prepared for the different seasons of life, especially the “winter” season. We’ll also talk a bit about modesty and dressing in a way that reflects the focus of your heart.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers!
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or check out a few of the items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
How prepared are you for the “winter” seasons in life? The Proverbs 31 Woman is well prepared. So much so, she doesn’t fear it!
Tune into today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson as we learn more about this and so much more!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- Preparedness is KEY to thriving, even in the winter seasons of life.
- Scarlet has significant meaning in this passage of scripture! It was NEEDED to get through the “winter” season.
- Modesty is more than just a reflection of your attire. It is a reflection of the condition and focus of your heart.
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life
A big theme and character trait, in this scripture, is “preparedness.”
Imagine how prepared the Proverbs 31 Woman had to be so that her household was prepared for the snow!
It generally snows during the winter season, which is the harshest of seasons.
Yet she was prepared!
Think for a moment about how our grandparents (and maybe some of you) can all of summer’s fruit and vegetable bounty! They did this to prepare for the winter and to have food all throughout the year.
They had no reason to fear winter or lean times because there was a stockpile of food for their families.
Consider how you are preparing your family for the winter and possible lean times ahead. Be like the Proverbs 31 Woman who is not afraid because she was prepared!
So then, what’s the reason the Proverbs 31 Woman wasn’t afraid? Because her household is clothed in scarlet!
What is Scarlet? Why was it so significant in this scripture?
- Fabric is made from wool
- Woven in a certain way by twisting it
- It was used for stockings and socks
In other words, her household is clothed in “winter gear” for those harsh winter months! She basically used the wool from verse 13 and then got to work on the distaff, in verse 19 to make scarlet or garments to be worn in the winter.
Once again, we see a recurring message of this woman’s resourcefulness!
Are you starting to see how the character traits of the Proverbs 31 Woman are being woven together seamlessly? I hope so!
The Proverbs 31 Woman dressed herself and did not allow the world dictate how she should dress. . .yet stayed trendy and fashionable!
This is VERY important!
I know, in our modern culture, it is a struggle to find clothing that is trendy and modest, without looking frumpty dumpty.
I totally get it.
It’s a struggle.
However, it is DOABLE!
It may mean you have to get creative and savvy with your clothing choices and even how you assemble your items together.
Here are a few good suggestions of ways you can accomplish this:
- Wear camisoles underneath low cut or thin tops
- Consider layering with cardigans and blazers
- Look for tops that have flared or layered ends so they disguise your bottom
- Always walk around and sit down in your skirt to see if it will rise too high
- Just say no to camel toe! *wink* LOL
Here’s a BIG CHALLENGE for you! Consider going through your clothing and asking the Holy Spirit if it is something you should be wearing? Does it represent you? Does it draw the wrong kind of attention? Etc.
He may lead you to modify it somehow, give it away, or throw it away. Whatever He speaks to you, listen! Remember, obedience is better than sacrifice!
Here are the big two takeaways from today’s lesson:
Always think about…
. . . am I preparing myself for the winter seasons? Hard times ahead?
Keep in mind, you are preparing your spirit for the rough times. It’s not a reason to be afraid because you’ll prepared!
. . . am I dressing with modesty class?
Your clothing choices speak oftentimes of the condition of your heart. You want it to be speaking what’s true about you and your relationship with Christ![clickToTweet tweet=”Be prepared so you can walk confidently during the ‘winter’ seasons of life! They’re coming! #p31″ quote=”Be prepared so you can walk confidently during the ‘winter’ seasons of life! They’re coming! #p31″]
Want To Learn More About the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about your impact and influence on your husband.
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
Today, we looked at being prepared for the different seasons of life, especially the “winter” season. How prepared are you and your family/household for the winter season (both physically and spiritually)? I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!