It’s Day 9 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
Today, we’re going to dig into Proverbs 31:19-20:
She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hand holds the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor,
Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned being a Proverbs 31 Woman means understanding the worth and value of your work, as well use strengthening ourselves with a Holy source of power. You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
In today’s video lesson we will look at creating a Legacy of Philanthropy. We’ll also look further into homemaking and the character traits of diligence, fidelity, and excellence.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or check out a few of the items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
Have you ever considered what creating a Legacy of Philanthropy might look like for you and your family?
Well, the virtuous woman we’ll read about in today’s reading certainly does!
Tune in to today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson, as we discover more about these two vital character traits (homemaking and philanthropy) of a Virtuous Woman!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- We continue to see the Proverbs 31 Woman walking in a high level of diligence, fidelity, and excellence. These are character traits we need to develop!
- Let’s renew our minds about our role as homemakers. It isn’t what the world says it is. It’s actually very empowering to women!
- Be purposeful in creating a Legacy of Philanthropy and benevolence with your family. It will be something that extends for generations to come!
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy
We have another recurring theme and character trait with the Proverbs 31 Woman. It is a one of diligence, fidelity, and excellence.
She is committed to everything she does! She walks in a high level of excellence no matter what tasks or jobs she is doing!
This is POWERFUL!
It shows us, we too, should walk in a place of diligence, fidelity, and excellence not matter what job we find ourselves doing or what season of life we are in. There will be a reward for a life lived out fully through Christ and a model for others to follow!
Remember on Day 4 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, we walked about her seeking wool and flax? In that same lesson, we also learned she worked diligently with her hands. Well, here is another way she worked diligently her hands – she used the distaff.
The distaff is a spindle used to spin wool and flax into yarn and thread, which of course was then used to make clothing, garments, and other items.
The Proverbs 31 Woman was busy making useful items for her family and likely others.
She sought out wool and flax, prepared it to be used, and then got to work on the distaff!
She was resourceful and nothing went to waste! Not her resources, skills, talents, gifts, or time! They were all put to use for the benefit of her household.
Be a woman who is resources, puts nothing to waste, and uses all of herself to bless her household!
Homemaking tends to get a bad rep, especially for us 80s and 90s babies (and I’m sure beyond).
We tend to think negatively of homemakers, as something that’s beneath us. The images of June Cleaver and the Desperate Housewives often comes to mind.
So let’s clear this up, once and for all. . .
- management of your home
- caring and loving of family
- organization of the home, so the family can thrive, in all areas of their lives
Homemaking is about your making your house a home, so it is the center for creativity, productivity, and love for your family.
It is not about subjecting women to menial work that’s beneath them and their education. I find it empowering that God would give me, as the woman, wife, and mother of the house, the responsibility to make our home a place to thrive in Christ and bring goodness to my loved ones!
The Proverbs 31 Woman was diligent in her homemaking. She was committed to making her home a safe haven and place of peace for her family and loved ones.
So embrace this role of homemaking, ladies!
In Proverbs 14:1 we are told, the wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her hands.
I believe the building of your home starts with homemaking. You want to build your home with love, peace, joy, happiness, laughter, good memories, great cooking, and more! Let’s be diligent in our homemaking so our families can thrive and live their best lives through Christ!
The Proverbs 31 Woman created a legacy of philanthropy and benevolence.
If you notice, it says, ‘she reaches out her hand to the needy.’ In other words she was purposeful and calculated in her giving, to those in need.
This is more evidence of her character trait of diligence, even with her giving. I believe, The Proverbs 31 Woman planned out her giving over a period of time. She knew who she was going to give to and when.
To me, that’s a different level of giving. When we plan out our giving, we are being thoughtful and purposeful in how and where we give.
(There’s nothing wrong with giving spontaneously. I do that as well. I just want you to consider being purposeful in your giving.)
There are multiple ways to give:
- Time – volunteering
- Resources – food pantry, clothing closet, etc.
Consider creating a legacy of philanthropy for your family. There are many places to give – local church, mission, ministries, non-profit organizations – pick one or two that speak to YOU and your family!
Plan it out.
Put it on your calendar.
Make it happen!
2 Corinthians 9:10 talks about God supplying seed to the sower and then multiplying your seed and increasing the fruits of your righteousness (harvest).
Here’s a question to ask yourself. . .
. . . Am I a sower?
Such that God will give me seed to sow into the lives of others? That He can trust me to take the seed he’s given me and be diligent with giving to others in need?
I believe God trusted the Proverbs 31 Woman with seed, knowing she would be diligent and faithful with sowing it into the lives of those in need.
Create a Legacy of Philanthropy for your family and generations to come! Let’s leave our marks in the earth and eternity!
Let this be your prayer:
God show me where you want my family and I to give. Please provide seed to us that we may be faithful and diligent in our giving, to those in need. Then we ask for your increase on the harvest of the seed we’ve sown so it may multiply in the lives of the people and organizations we have given to. We desire for their needs to be met in full! We are thankful to be one small part of making that happen for them! In Jesus Name, Amen![clickToTweet tweet=”Be purposeful in creating a Legacy of Philanthropy for your family! #p31″ quote=”Be purposeful in creating a Legacy of Philanthropy for your family! #p31″]
Want To Learn More About The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about being prepared for the seasons of life.
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
Today, we looked at renewing our minds about homemaking and creating a Legacy of Philanthropy. Consider your Legacy of Philanthropy, are you purposeful in your giving to those in need? List some ways you can be more purposeful. I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!