It’s Day 14 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
Today, we’re going to dig into Proverbs 31:28-29
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned being a Proverbs 31 Woman means using our mouths to speak wisdom, life, and kindness. I also gave you 5 quick ways you can accomplish this! You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
In today’s video lesson we will look at being the woman whose husband, children, family, and friends rise and call her blessed! We’ll also delve a bit into creating a living legacy for your children.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers!
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or check out a few of the items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
What is the Living Legacy you want to have for yourself? There’s no need to focus solely on your “end-of-life” legacy and what you’ll be remembered by, once you leave this earth. We can being creating a legacy now that will speak of our character and good works!
Tune in to today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson to learn how you can create a Living Legacy and become a virtuous woman whose family rises to call her blessed!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- The praise and adoration of your family is all that matters. Be that irreplaceable woman in their lives. The one they can’t wait to praise for all of your good works and character.
- Consider what you desire your Living Legacy to be and then get to work on creating that!I
- The best way to be this kind of woman is to work on you more than you work on others. Work on becoming the best version of yourself each and everyday!
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
Let Your Husband and Children PRAISE You!
I love these two verses!
Here we have a husband and children pouring out praise and adoration for the Proverbs 31 Woman and all the great things she’s done for her family.
It’s interesting because there is no mention of her specific character traits, like diligence in her work, resourcefulness with all she had, giving to those in need, enterprising, speaking wisdom – none of it. It simply says that many women have done well, but she excelled all of them!
In their eyes, no one else could compare to her. What a lasting impact she left on her family!
Wouldn’t it be wonderful for your husband and family to say the same thing about you? There are so many women who have done wonderful things, but YOU excel all of them! There is no comparison to you!
I want my family to speak of this about me. I want it for you, too!
Here’s a loaded question for you. . .
What legacy do you want to leave for your children and husband?
Consider the message you want them to carry and tell of you and your life.
As your children are speaking about you, when you are not in their presence or they are adults, think about the message you want them to have about you.
The message they’ll tell their friends.
The message they’ll tell their teachers.
The message they’ll tell their roomates.
The message they’ll tell their future spouse.
The message they’ll tell their children.
What message do you want that to be?
Same is true for your husband. What is the message you desire your husband to say about you?
To his coworkers?
As you ponder on this, take the time to jot down the message you want said about you, while you are yet alive.
List all of them.
Then, evaluate where you are on this list.
See where you’ve accomplished greatness.
See where you need to grow.
See where you need to keep going.
Then get to work!
This is a really important idea for us to discuss.
Work on you more than you work on others.
It’s so easy for us to get caught up in what the next wife, mom, and woman aren’t doing.
It’s so easy for us to criticize another woman’s life and her choices (especially when we don’t know the full story.)
It’s so easy for us to see all of the flaws, corrections, and mistakes in others.
It’s so easy for us to know what another person needs to do to make their life better.
But what about us?
Do we take the same time and level of intensity to evaluate our lives and work on the areas necessary to grow?
I want to challenge you to make a decision to point less fingers and give less criticism to the lives of others. Instead, focus wholeheartedly on growing, pruning, and maturing in your own life.
After all, isn’t this the essence of Matthew 7:1-6? It’s not that we can judge or evaluate others’ lives. It’s that we should only do so, once we’ve addressed that same area in our own life.
Plus, like we learned in yesterday’s lesson, we really should spend more time working on our own lives to the glory of God, than focusing on others.
Because at the end of the day, we want our husband, children, family, and friends to rise up and call us blessed! We want them to have words of praise and adoration for the kind of woman we’ve become and the kind of life we’ve lived before God.
Promise me you’ll commit to becoming the best wife, mom, sister, friend, woman you can be![clickToTweet tweet=”Your Living Legacy matters just as much as the one you’ll leave behind after you’re gone. #p31″ quote=”Your Living Legacy matters just as much as the one you’ll leave behind after you’re gone. #p31″]
Want To Learn More About The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the LAST lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about becoming that “good thing” to our husbands and why this is so important to him and our marriage.
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
Today, we looked at being the woman whose husband, children, family, and friends rise and call her blessed! Consider the legacy you want to live in and leave for your family – what areas you need to grow in? I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!