It’s Day 5 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
Today, we’re going to dig into Proverbs 31:14:
She is like the ships of the merchant;
she brings her food from afar.
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned being a Proverbs 31 Woman is about being a willing, eager worker and having the proper attitude about work. You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
In today’s video lesson we will look at going to great lengths to nourish, nurture, and tend the needs of your family. How we take care of the precious hearts and souls God has entrusted to us is important. The Proverbs 31 Woman is a woman always has the best interests of her family in mind.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or take a check out a few of items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
Being a Proverbs 31 Woman means developing the character of a woman who is built like Silk Over Steel. One of the traits she has is that she’ll go to great lengths to take care of those in her household and to be sure they are nourished and cared for.
Do you have these same traits?
Tune in to today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson as we chat about some enlightening things we can learn from this Virtuous Character trait!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- Merchant ships had a specific purpose of bringing goos from far away lands to locally and giving access to all. How are you like this?
- Be willing to go to great lengths to nurture, nourish, and tend the needs of your family and loved ones.
- The character trait of commitment and dedication is at the heart of tending to your family, along with their precious hearts and souls.
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
How Far Will You Go?
We can see there is a comparison to the Proverbs 31 Woman and merchant ships.
So, let’s talk about merchant ships!
In biblical times they went to far aways lands (like China, Japan, Korea, Egypt, etc.) to bring spices, fabrics, non-perishable food, gold, silver, jewelry, building supplies, and other goods. They would then dock at different ports to sell or trade their items.
The benefit was that the Israelites could have access to goods from all over the world. They could also share their goods with people living in other countries by trading with the merchant ships.
The Proverbs 31 Woman is like merchant ships, in that she went to great lengths, finding opportunities to access and learn from people not like her and to share her culture with them.
“Food” is what is needed to sustain life, be healthy and wholesome.
It is a necessity.
It supplies nourishment and nurturing for the body and soul.
We see here, the Proverbs 31 Woman will go to great lengths to care for the needs of her family. She’ll do whatever it takes to be sure they are nurtured and nourished, even if she has to travel far to make to happen.
Think for a moment about your family’s favorite meal. . .
There might even be a special ingredient or two you need and have to travel to a special grocery store across town in order to get it. I’d be willing to bet, you don’t mind making that drive, either!
Why? Because the look on your family’s face from enjoying the meal and the fullness in their bellies afterwards is SO satisfying to you!
(Am I right?)
If so, you are a Proverbs 31 Woman, too! You’ll go to great lengths to provide a nourishing meal or any other need for your family they need and LOVE!
There’s just one thing I want to point out since we are focusing on character over deeds:
The Proverbs 31 Woman was committed and dedicated to taking care of her family.
Based upon her “being like merchant ships,” we have to make note of this character trait of commitment and dedication.
This trait is purely unconditional.
It is not based upon feelings, but it’s based on love and the desire to meet your family’s needs no matter what.
Of course there will be times when you are physically unable to meet every single need of your family. However, your focus and desire should always be on the well-being of those precious hearts and souls God has entrusted to you. That’s what matters most!
Be the Proverbs 31 Woman who goes to great lengths to nourish, nurture, and tend to the needs of her family![clickToTweet tweet=”The P31 Woman is committed to nurturing, nourishing, and tending to the needs of her family! #p31″ quote=”The P31 Woman is committed to nurturing, nourishing, and tending to the needs of her family! #p31″]
Want To Learn More About The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about becoming that “good thing” to our husbands and why this is so important to him and our marriage.
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
Today, we learned about going to great lengths to nurture our family and loved ones – this being an act of diligence. List some ways you can go the extra mile for your husband, children, siblings, friends, extended family members in cultivating this character of diligence. I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!