It’s Day 11 of our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study!
Today, we’re going to dig into Proverbs 31:23:
Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
In yesterday’s lesson, we learned being a Proverbs 31 Woman means being prepared for the different seasons of life, especially the “winter” season. We also talked a bit about modesty and dressing in a way that reflects the focus of your heart. You can get caught up with yesterday’s lesson here!
In today’s video lesson we will look at how our character and virtue impact our husbands. We’ll also take a deep dive into the whole “pride thing” among men and why that’s so important.
Be sure to grab your copy of my beautifully designed Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook!
Quick Links For Information In This Post
I’d like to invite you to pray with us! Today’s lesson pairs perfectly with our Proverbs 31 Woman Prayer & Affirmation Challenge. Join us in touching the heart of God with our prayers!
By the way, if you haven’t registered for the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study, be sure to do so NOW!
It comes with, Exclusive Study Video Lessons + Daily Study Blog Posts + Bible Reading Plan + Daily encouragement emails! Best of all it’s completely FREE!! You can register below. . .
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
If you are new to Bible studies or are looking for ways to spruce up your study library, I have a list of my favorite Bible study resources. Some of them I’ve been using for over 20 years! You can shop my list here or check out a few of the items below.
I invite you to take a look!
Let me ask you this. . .
Have you ever considered the impact you can have on your husband? Imagine for just a moment the respect you can bring to your husband because of YOUR Godly character!
Tune in to today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study video lesson and learn more about this character trait!
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Video Lesson
Watch on YouTube (And Subscribe!)
Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Notes
- Your character and virtue can have a HUGE impact on your husband and his life!
- Men are wired with their pride, dignity, and honor at the core of their being. It’s important to keep this in mind, as you work on being his good thing!
- Respect is KEY! If you say you love your husband, then respect him. As you respect him, others will see this and follow suit.
- I’m also sharing a few of my favorite Bible Study Resources!
- My favorite Bible.
- Highlighters & Pens especially for Bible Studies (you’ll love these!)
- Strong’s Concordance (never study your Bible without this!)
- Halley’s Bible Handbook
- You can take a look at the whole list here!
- Here is a video explaining how I use some of these resources and why they are my favorites!
Now Keep Reading About The Virtuous Woman!
Your Impact On Your Man
Why did the scripture suddenly start talking about her husband?
This part threw me for a loop. Up until this point, we have been talking about the character traits of the Proverbs 31 Woman. Then all of a sudden, they mention her husband!
What’s up with that?
Here’s an interesting revelation. . .
This woman’s virtue and character caused her husband to be respected among the other highly respected men in their community.
How POWERFUL is that?!
In other words, your virtue and character has an impact on your husband and his life!
Yes, you want to develop these character traits because it’s good for your soul and grooms you as a Godly woman. However, as a result of this, you will bring respect, dignity, and honor to your husband.
This is one of the ways women are influential in the men in our lives, especially our husbands.
Our good rubs off on them and how others perceive them.
Our bad rubs off on them and how others perceive them.
We have to make a choice in the kind of influence we want to have on their lives.
Good or Bad?
The good will bring goodness to his life, including respect among his peers!
Men are wired to thrive off of pride, dignity, and honor.
One way we can help build and maintain this is to be a wife who is loving, respectful, diligent, and a willing worker.
This is considered honor among men. It says to other men that his house in order, as a result, your husband will be greatly respected for it.
We, also, should not cause any shame or disgrace to our husbands. No man wants to be shamed because of his wife. It’s totally a pride thing and just how God has wired men. They just don’t.
So do your best to live in a such a way that is honorable before God and your husband.
Men also take great pride in their wives!
Because we are “one,” when people see us, they see our husbands, too. It boosts a man’s confidence and pride, when he knows he has a ‘good thing’ in his wife!
So be that good thing!
There’s a confidence in my husband when I’m walking in these virtues and character traits because it speaks to my husband’s character and allows him to maintain his pride and dignity. . . even among other men.
We MUST respect our husbands.
Ephesians 5:33 tells husbands to love their wives and wives to respect their husbands.
Let me tell you something. . .
Respect = LOVE to a man
And there’s no other way around it.
Respect for men is key.
Respect for men is crucial to how God wired them.
A man who does not have respect is almost like a walking zombie. He’d rather you hang him by his toenails, than to disrespect him.
There is nothing worse for a man to not have the respect of his wife and other men in his circle or men he respects.
So, be sure you are respecting your husband and his role a provider, protector, and head of household. It starts with you! If you respect him and others see this, they will have no choice, but to respect him, as well.
Also, check in with your husband regularly to see if his respect tank is full. If it isn’t, then find out how you can adjust and grow in this area.
What can I do to ensure my husband knows I respect him and bring him respect among other men.[clickToTweet tweet=”Let your character and virtue bring your husband honor and respect among his peers! #p31″ quote=”Let your character and virtue bring your husband honor and respect among his peers! #p31″]
Want To Learn More About the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series?
I pray today’s lesson blessed you BIG! We have so much more to glean and learn in our Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study together!
Be sure to check out the next lesson in The Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series! We’re going to talk about becoming that “good thing” to our husbands and why this is so important to him and our marriage.
Here are my other posts in the Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series:
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Proverbs 31 Woman
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Companion Workbook
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 1 (Virtuous Woman Character Traits)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 2 (What Does It Mean To Be A “Virtuous” Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 3 (Being a Proverbs 31 Wife – Are You His “GOOD Thing”?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 4 (A Willing, Eager Worker)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 5 (How Far Will You Go For Your Loved Ones?
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 6 (Being Mrs. Organized)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 7 (Are You Resourceful With Your Skills?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 8 (Knowing The Worth Of Your Work)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 9 (Creating A Legacy of Philanthropy)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 10 (Being Prepared For The Seasons Of Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 11 (Your Impact On Your Man)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 12 (Are You A Proverbs 31 Business Woman?)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 13 (Speak Wisdom, Kindness, And Life)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 14 (Let Your Husband And Children Praise You!)
- Proverbs 31 Woman Bible Study Series – Day 15 (The One Thing That Matters Most – Eternity)
In the meantime. . .
I take a counter-culture, deep-dive approach into the characteristics about this woman and how we can apply them to our lives. It’s not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-an-impossible-standard type of Bible study, either.
It’s about liberating you, to know the truth of God’s Word, so you can live in the fullness of your calling and purpose.
It’s truly a deep-dive + life application Bible study that will transform, comfort, and inspire you, as you walk and live as a Woman of Valor!
Here’s what I’ve created just for you:
Exclusive Study Video Lessons
Daily Study Blog Posts
Bible Reading Plan
Daily Encouragement Emails
The best part is. . . it’s Completely FREE!
Let’s Start Your Journey,
As A Proverbs 31 Woman NOW!
Today, we looked at how our character and virtue impact our husbands. Ask your husband what you can do to show him more respect. Share a few of his ideas with us! (We can all glean from each other!) I’d love to hear your thoughts! You can chime in, by clicking here!
Or you can head over to Facebook and share your thoughts with me there!